Author Topic: How do I delete multiple records in a GEFC file?  (Read 4002 times)

Picture-Directory.com Tech Support

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How do I delete multiple records in a GEFC file?
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »
I have my file from last year, which I have been starting to edit by removing a few old members and adding quite a few new ones.  All was going well until I was trying to remember how to add a picture to a new file and all of a sudden I have over 23,000 files.  I still have the ones I need in there, but I have over 23000 of the first person, John Smith  How can I remove all but one of John Smith’s file and keep the rest?

As you may know GEFC will only let you delete one record at a time.  So what you really need to do is a MASS delete 23000 records at once. 

I have a work around to do this.  There are two tutorials in the Picture Directory forum that you should review.

1.   EXPORT FROM GEFC INTO AN EXCEL FILE
2.   IMPORT FROM EXCEL INTO A NEW GEFC FILE

In step 1 you create an Excel file where you can delete multiple records all at once.  You are then left with only the records you want in your GEFC database.  Once you have the selected records in Excel, you use step 2 to import those records into a NEW GEFC database.